Thursday, November 19, 2009

So Much Information And So Little Time!

I have been working on my wiki page and my blog. I read several student's blogs and commented on some of them. Then I found some quotes and songs I liked and got all ADHD. Once I start working on the computer it becomes so hard for me to work on one project at a time. I start on one site - skip to the next - think about something else and search for it - want to listen to some music - and finally go back where I began. This keeps it from getting boring, but makes it hard to concentrate as well. It is no wonder that children that grew up with the internet don't feel like reading text books and just being lectured. The internet and technology will give them a choice of how much and how fast they learn. They will be in control, but we will have to guide them.
Welcome to the future of learning!

2 comments:

  1. Natascha, you are so right. I find my time on the internet is much as you described. I start with a specific goal in mind and then find myself searching multiple side routes. Always seem to find interesting stuff, just that it takes more time than it would if I stayed on task. But of course you have to ask your self, how much fun would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so right! I was uploading scans to another site and got sidetracked to Globaloria...then to Larry's blog...then here...Now what was I supposed to be doing? Oh yeah, I was setting up a lab for class tomorrow. Eeek!

    Angie Leef

    ReplyDelete